We did … NOTHING! Well, other than lounging all day we only crawled out of our palace to have breakfast and dinner with our lovely hosts Thomas and Dui. Thus, room for another (more timely) stat post!
We have already shared our thoughts about Malaysia at length in previous posts. Therefore, just some brief observations.
What made Malaysia great for us were the amazing people we met along the way. We got free accommodation, workshop space and heaps of food from a bunch of generous peoples. Special thanks once more to Sonja and her family, Sunny, Tony, BK and of course Jonathan.
Unfortunately, we did not really find access to the country beyond that. Maybe we will come back some day, with a fresher mind and also go exploring further east. Just over 1000km feels like barely scratching the surface, now …
Country data #5: Malasia
- 1222 km traveled (1178 km of GPS tracked)
- 6 travel days, 18 days total
- $8.28 Average cost per night (7x room, 9x invitation)
- 73.69l of standard fuel for $ 48.89 (6 l / 100km)
- ~$25.15 for food every day, always eating out with many invitations
- ~$1.650 in total
All $ values are converted to NZD.